George S. Azadian, President
Over $30 Million Recovered for Employees in Three Years
Los Angeles Wrongful Termination & Employment Lawyer, Conveniently Located In Pasadena and Downtown Los Angeles.
George S. Azadian – Los Angeles Employment & Wrongful Termination Super Lawyer practices in the area of employment law, exclusively representing employees. His work focuses on cases involving wrongful termination, discrimination, retaliation, whistleblower, harassment, and wage & hour disputes. Mr. Azadian has recovered over $30,000,000 for his clients in just three years. He is highly regarded as one of the best Los Angeles employment law lawyers & wrongful termination lawyers. His philosophy to employment litigation is that you have be both very reasonable and extremely aggressive. “I simply won’t stop until I get my client a good result. These employees and executive have been put through so much by these corporations that I am thrilled to give them back their power and voice.”
Mr. Azadian first chaired and secured a Final Arbitration Award of $9,957,411.17 in the matter entitled, Dr. Eleftherios (Stephen) Vamvakas, M.D., Ph.D., MPH, MPhil v. Consultants For Pathology And Laboratory Medicine (CPLM) and Dr. Mahul B. Amin, M.D. The action was a single plaintiff employment dispute by a physician against his supervisor and his employer, involving claims for wrongful termination, patient advocacy, discrimination, and retaliation. Despite the fact that the defendants were represented by two of the country’s largest defense firms, Mr. Azadian obtained justice and vindication for his client and was even awarded a “multiplier” of his attorney’s fees by the Arbitrator, which increased his hourly rate to $900 an hour due to his “superior” litigation skills in addition to other factors.
Mr. Azadian served as Class Counsel in securing final approval of a $3,000,000 settlement in a wage-and-hour class action on behalf of hourly paid employees of a national provider of housekeeping, janitorial, laundry and dining/nutrition services. The action involved allegations relating to the failure to provide meal and rest periods, overtime compensation, and other claims arising under the California Labor Code.
Mr. Azadian started off 2016 with a $669,308 win against Macy’s in a retaliation and wrongful termination lawsuit where his client was terminated after making complaints that he was being treated unfairly based on his age.
Mr. Azadian is also frequently invited to provide lectures to other attorneys on the subjects of employment law and wage-and-hour laws to other attorneys in California and nationally. You can learn about some of Mr. Azadian’s upcoming lectures by clicking here.
Mr. Azadian is on the forefront of some of the largest and toughest battles against big corporations who try to take advantage of their employees and consumers. His lawsuits are frequently commented on in local and national media. For example, in this article Mr. Azadian discusses three pregnancy discrimination lawsuits he filed against online retailer Nasty Gal. In this article you can learn more about a consumer class action lawsuit Mr. Azadian is prosecuting against Starbucks for overcharging customers for breakfast sandwiches.
Mr. Azadian also has immense experience in defeating motions to compel arbitration that are generally granted by the Courts. He has personally defeated three separate motions to compel arbitration in employment lawsuits in California Superior Courts.
In addition to aggressively litigating cases in both state and federal courts, he has particular skills in alternative dispute resolution (negotiation, mediation, arbitration) across varied forums. His clients have come to rely on his insightful, dispute avoidance strategy counsel as a preventive measure and appreciate the value of his extensive courtroom experience when litigation is unavoidable.
Prior to representing plaintiffs, Mr. Azadian worked as a defense attorney at two of the largest and most respected firms in the country, O’Melveny & Myers and Stroock & Stroock & Lavan. Through representing numerous Fortune 500 companies in a broad range of actions, Mr. Azadian has obtained invaluable insider knowledge of the strategies used by large defense firms, which he now uses to obtain maximum relief for his clients.
He graduated from UCLA Law School, ranking 7th out of 356 students in his graduating class and earned his Bachelor of Science in accounting, magna cum laude, from Georgetown University.
- Successfully represented over 200 employees, ranging from C-level executives and world-renowned physicians to hourly employees, in virtually every aspect of employment law, including wrongful termination, retaliation, discrimination, harassment, and whistleblower cases.
- Represented plaintiffs in numerous wage & hour class actions for denial of overtime compensation and denial of meal/rest periods mandated by California law.
- Represented plaintiff a in whistleblower/retaliation action against a large investment bank based on plaintiff’s complaints of investor fraud in connection with the sale of auction rate securities.
- Represented a relator in qui tam action against a HMO arising out of refusal to treat patients covered under HMO’s Medicare Advantage plan.
- Represented the Chief Administrative Officer of a national HMO in a wrongful termination action arising out of her complaints that the HMO was abusing its 501(c)(3) not-for-profit status.
- Represented a group of physicians in an action against a hospital for retaliation due to physicians’ advocacy for appropriate patient care.
- Represented a relator in qui tam action against a hospital arising out of inflated medical billing codes used to seek reimbursements from Medicare and Medi-Cal.
- Represented plaintiffs in numerous class actions for violations of the Telephone Consumer Protection Act (TCPA) against debt collectors and their clients based on automated collection calls to cellular phones.
Professional Awards & Affiliations
- AV Preeminent® Rating by Martindale-Hubbell® Peer Review Ratings™ (For more than 130 years, lawyers have relied on the Martindale-Hubbell® peer review ratings while searching for their own expert attorneys. The Martindale-Hubbell® AV Preeminent® rating is the highest possible rating for an attorney for both ethical standards and legal ability. It is achieved only after an attorney has been reviewed and recommended by their peers – members of the bar and the judiciary.)
- Super Lawyers’ 2018 Award In Employment Litigation and Class Actions (Super Lawyers selects attorneys who have attained a high degree of peer recognition and personal achievement; less than 2% of the lawyers in the state are named on the list)
- Super Lawyers’ 2012-17 “Rising Star” Award In Employment Litigation and Class Actions
- Multi-Million Advocates Forum® and Million Dollar Advocates Forum ®, Member (recognizing select attorneys with verified multi-million dollar results; less than 1% of the lawyers in the state are named on the list)
- Daily Journal Award for Top 20 Boutiques in California (Azadian Law Group, PC, was selected by the oldest and most respected legal publication in California, Daily Journal, as one of the top 20 boutique law firms in all of California. Boutique law firms are those that specialize in a niche area of law, such as labor and employment, appellate, bankruptcy, etc. The Daily Journal honor is one of the most coveted in California by any law firm and involves an intensive selection process with thousands of nominees of which only 20 law firms are selected to the list. Azadian Law Group, PC was the only employment law firm in Los Angeles selected for the legal award.)
- A Perfect 10.0 Rating On Avvo, deemed “Superb” (Avvo provides unbiased attorney ratings ranging from 0-10 based on public data, achievements, and other information)
- Pasadena Magazine’s “Top Attorneys” Award, 2012-17
- America’s Top 100 High Stakes Litigators® (recognizing the nation’s most exceptional trial attorneys in high value, high stakes legal matters; only the top 100 qualifying attorneys in each state)
- California Employment Lawyers Association (CELA), Member
- Consumer Attorneys Association of Los Angeles (CAALA), Member
- National Employment Lawyers Association (NELA), Member
- UCLA School of Law, Juris Doctor
- Ranked 7th/356 in Graduating Class
- Order of the Coif
- Specialization in Business Law
- Georgetown University, Bachelor of Science
- Majored in Accounting
- Graduated Magna Cum Laude