Employment Law Attorney San Bernardino
Employment Law Attorneys For Employees in San Bernardino: The city of San Bernardino serves as the county seat of San Bernardino County and is laid out over 81 square miles of the San Bernardino Valley. Over 200,000 live in San Bernardino, making it the 17th largest city in California and the 100th largest city in the country.
San Bernardino has a long history of being involved in the retail and service industry, both of which largely make up the city’s economy. The city is known as being the original site of the world’s very first McDonald’s restaurant where the McDonald’s Museum now sits.
Retail Not Immune from Workplace Injuries
Many regard the retail industry as being fairly safe, but as a findings from NIOSH note, the retail industry experiences a high number of injuries and illnesses.
In 2006, according to the Bureau of Labor Statistics there were approximately 21 million retail workers in the United states. In that same year, it was found that:
- 820,500 injuries were reported
- 581 fatalities occurred
- Retail accounted for 20.1% of nonfatal injuries and illnesses
Retail Workers Inexperienced and Rushed
It is suspected that injuries in retail occur primarily due to two reasons:
- Inexperience. Many workers in retail are between the ages of 15 and 24. These individuals are often not familiar with the job and they may not receive proper instruction and supervision
- Rushing. Retail can be a high pressure environment where workers may try to take short cuts in to get the job done more quickly
Employers in retail often will encourage or create an environment where workers may feel uncomfortable taking the breaks they are entitled to in order to protect their health and their safety. In some instances an employer may also insist that an employee work overtime while not properly compensating an employee for his or her time.
What to Expect from the Azadian Law Group, PC
Based out of Los Angeles and Pasadena, the Azadian Law Group, PC educates employees about their rights in the workplace and helps with a number of issues including wrongful termination, sexual harassment, and wage & hour violations.
The Azadian Law Group, PC is devoted to employment law and is committed to offering all of our clients expert, in depth knowledge and to bringing their claims to the best possible resolution.
To schedule your free consultation with an experienced employment law attorney, we welcome you to call (626) 449-4944.
DIRECTIONS TO AZADIAN LAW GROUP 790 EAST COLORADO BLVD., NINTH FLOOR PASADENA, CA
These directions are from Google Maps starting from:
San Bernardino, CA
Total Est. Time: 50 min
Total Est. Distance: 52.1 mi
- Get on I-215 N
- Head west on W 5th St toward N Mayfield Ave
- Turn right onto the Interstate 215 N ramp
- Follow CA-210 W and I-210 W to E Maple St in Pasadena. Take exit 26B from I-210 W
- Merge onto I-215 N
- Take exit 46B to merge onto CA-210 W toward Pasadena
- Continue onto I-210 W
- Use the right 2 lanes to take exit 26B toward Lake Avenue
- Take N Lake Ave to E Colorado Blvd
- Merge onto E Maple St
- Use the left 2 lanes to turn left onto N Lake Ave
- Turn right onto E Colorado Blvd
- May be closed at certain times or days
- Destination will be on the left
Call us today (626) 449-4944
We are located at:
AZADIAN LAW GROUP, PC
790 EAST COLORADO BLVD., NINTH FLOOR