Employment Law Attorney Riverside
Employment Law Attorneys For Employees in Riverside: The city of Riverside in Riverside County, California is nestled alongside the Santa Ana River and has a population of over 300,000 residents. Situated 60 miles east of Los Angeles, the city is part of the Greater Los Angeles area and is the 12th most populated city in the state.
Riverside has a diverse economy with there being several manufacturing and non-manufacturing sectors in the area. Many of the manufacturing jobs are light-industry and produces a variety of products including electronic equipment, medical devices, automotive parts, aircraft components, and food products.
Injuries Related to Handling Materials Account for 1/3 of Claims
Travelers Companies recently examined more than 1.5 million workers compensation claims which were filed between 2010 and 2014. The report included claims from a variety of different businesses and industries.
After the investigation, it was found that the five most common causes of workplace injuries were:
- Material handling (32% of claims)
- Slips, trips and falls (16% of claims)
- Colliding with or struck by an object (10% of claims)
- Incidents involving tools (7% of claims)
- Cumulative trauma (4%)
In manufacturing and retail, material handling accounted for 37% of all workers compensation claims, while eye injuries were one of the most common types of injuries in manufacturing and construction.
Dealing with Employer Retaliation Due to Workers Compensation Claim
Employers may threaten an employee or retaliate against them to try and prevent an employee from making a claim as a claim may increase their insurance premiums the following year. Some of the most common forms of employer retaliation include:
- Salary reduction
- Job reassignment
- Shift reassignment
Retaliation can also take on more subtle forms, including unwelcome “jokes” which are hactually abusive and harassing in nature and encouraging other employees to treat a worker unfairly.
When You Should Call the Azadian Law Group, PC
The Azadian Law Group, PC focuses solely on employment law and ensuring that the rights of employees in the Los Angeles area are upheld. If you have been dealing with retaliation from your employer due to your injury or if you are facing harassment in the workplace, we want to hear from you.
The Azadian Law Group, PC offers free case evaluations to all employees who are facing retaliation, discrimination, and who have questions about their rights in the workplace. To speak to an experienced employment law attorney, we invite you to call us today at (626) 449-4944.
DIRECTIONS TO AZADIAN LAW GROUP 790 EAST COLORADO BLVD., NINTH FLOOR PASADENA, CA
These directions are from Google Maps starting from:
Total Est. Time: 54 min
Total Est. Distance: 54.5 mi
- Get on CA-91 E
- Head east on Central Ave toward De Anza Ave
- Use the left 2 lanes to turn left to merge onto CA-91 E toward San Bernardino
- Take CA-60 W and I-210 W/Foothill Fwy to E Maple St in Pasadena. Take exit 26B from I-210 W/Foothill Fwy
- Merge onto CA-91 E
- Take the CA-60 W exit toward Los Angeles
- Keep left, follow signs for Market St and merge onto CA-60 W
- Use the right lane to take exit 29B for CA-71 N toward Pomona
- Keep left and merge onto CA-71 N
- Use the left 2 lanes to merge onto CA-57 N
- Use the left 3 lanes to take exit 25C to merge onto I-210 W/Foothill Fwy toward Pasadena
- Use the right 2 lanes to take exit 26B toward Lake Avenue
- Take N Lake Ave to E Colorado Blvd
- Merge onto E Maple St
- Use the left 2 lanes to turn left onto N Lake Ave
- Turn right onto E Colorado Blvd
Call us today (626) 449-4944
We are located at:
AZADIAN LAW GROUP, PC
790 EAST COLORADO BLVD., NINTH FLOOR