Employment Law Attorney Los Angeles
Employment Law Attorneys For Employees in Los Angeles: The city of Los Angeles, also known as the City of Angels, has the second most populated city in the United States of America and is the most populated city in all of California. It is also the county seat of Los Angeles County.
The City of Los Angeles is estimated to be home to approximately 13 million people while 18 million called the Greater Los Angeles Area region home in 2010. Millions of people are drawn to Los Angeles because of its temperate Mediterranean climate, its ethnic diversity, and because it is arguably the leading city in the entertainment industry.
A City Which Is an Economic Powerhouse
Another reason why Los Angeles is an attractive city to live in is because of its numerous economic opportunities. From entertainment, media, and fashion to science, sports, and technology, the city has it all. The city has been ranked 6th in the Global Cities Index has come in 9th place in the Global Economic Power Index.
Not All Employees Are Treated Equal
Despite the city being known for its many and diverse workplace opportunities, not all employees are treated equal in their place of employment. One issue which many in the Los Angeles area face is workplace retaliation, something which is prohibited by the U.S. Equal Employment Opportunity Commission (EEOC) and the California Department of Fair Employment & Housing (DFEH).
Below are some common examples of when an employee may be retaliated against:
- Refusing to comply with orders given which would result in discrimination or violation of law
- Resisting sexual advances or intervening in order to protect others against harassment or discrimination
- Speaking with a supervisor or a manager about discrimination or retaliation in the workplace
- Filing or agreeing to be a witness to an EEOC complaint, investigation, charge or lawsuit
- Asking management or other co-workers about how much they are paid to determine whether or not you are being paid discriminatory wages
Employer Retaliation Is Illegal
An employer may retaliate against an employee in a number of ways:
- An employee may be reprimanded
- An employee may receive an unfair performance evaluation
- An employee may be threatened or have false rumors spread about them
- An employee may be transferred to a less desirable position
How the Azadian Law Group Helps with Employer Retaliation
The attorneys at the Azadian Law Group, PC are committed to representing employees and we refuse to represent employers. Over the past few years our team of employment law attorneys has recovered more than $30 million for our clients.
To speak to an employer retaliation attorney today, we welcome you to call (213) 229-9031.
DIRECTIONS TO AZADIAN LAW GROUP 790 EAST COLORADO BLVD., NINTH FLOOR PASADENA, CA
These directions are from Google Maps starting from:
Los Angeles, CA
Total Est. Time: 3 min
Total Est. Distance: 0.7 mi
- Head northwest on W 1st St toward S Spring St
- Use the left 2 lanes to turn left onto S Grand Ave
- Destination will be on the right
Call us today (213) 229-9031
We are located at:
355 S. GRAND AVE., SUITE 2450
LOS ANGELES, CALIFORNIA