Los Angeles Whistleblower & Qui Tam Attorneys
Reporting an employer’s illegal actions takes courage, as whistleblowers often place their reputations and careers on the line in order to stand up for what’s right. In some situations, whistleblowers may even be subjected to financial and emotional distress, particularly if an employer chooses to retaliate against them.
At the Azadian Law Group, PC, our Los Angeles employment lawyers are proud to represent whistleblowers and help them fight for justice. Skilled at going up against employers in various legal settings, our attorneys are ready to help you protect your rights and maximize your recovery when you are ready to move forward with a whistleblower or qui tam case.
Fighting to Protect Whistleblowers’ Rights
Whistleblower cases can involve a number of claims against an employer, including (but not limited to) allegations that an employer has:
- Failed to provide a safe workplace and/or abide by OSHA regulations
- Misused government funds
- Engaged in deceptive business practices
- Committed any type of fraud – These whistleblower cases are known as qui tam cases (and are discussed in more detail below).
Those who take action to blow the whistle on employers’ illegal actions have a number of rights under the Whistleblower Protection Act1 and other statutes. These rights include (but are not necessarily exclusive to) protection from the following adverse actions (when preparing to report an employer’s wrongdoings or after making such reports):
- Layoffs or terminations
- Demotions and/or pay reductions
- Denials of promotions, overtime opportunities and/or benefits
- Negative performance reviews or disciplinary actions (that are independent of work performance issues)
- Harassment, threats or intimidation
- Unfavorable job reassignments (such as transferring an employee to a remote location, reassigning an employee to an unfavorable shift, or assigning an employee to unfavorable or risky duties)
- Any employer policy that deters them from becoming a whistleblower.
At the Azadian Law Group, PC, our Los Angeles lawyers represent whistleblowers from various industries, including (but not exclusive to) employees of public and private entities such as:
- Government agencies and institutions
- Private companies
- Public companies and associations
- Educational institutions.
Effective Advocacy for Qui Tam Claims
As a specific type of whistleblower case, qui tam claims involve allegations that an employer has committed fraud, such as (but not exclusive to):
- Tax fraud
- Medicare fraud
- Securities fraud
- Any other form of fraud involving government funds, including monies owed to the government and/or funds paid out by the government.
According to the False Claims Act,2 when qui tam claims are successful, they can result in compensation for whistleblowers that is as much as 30 percent of the recovered funds (i.e., the monies recovered by the government from the case).
Contact a Los Angeles Employment Law Attorney at the Azadian Law Group, PC
To find out more about your potential whistleblower or qui tam claim, contact a Los Angeles employment law attorney at the Azadian Law Group, PC for a free case evaluation. Our lawyers are ready to fight for you.
Call us at (626) 449-4944 or send us an email via this contact form to find out more about your rights and case, as well as how we can help you. If you choose to move forward with us, you will not have to pay us any legal fees until or unless compensation is secured for your case.