California Employment Law Lawyers Representing Victims in Burbank
Employment Law Attorneys For Employees In Burbank: Burbank is situated in the eastern corner of the San Fernando Valley and is a city in Los Angeles County, California. Over 100,000 resided within Burbank’s borders as of the US 2010 census.
The city is known as being the Media capital of the world, with several media and entertainment companies having headquarters or production facilities in the area. Some of the leading companies include The Walt Disney Company, NBC, and Warner Bros Entertainment.
The following companies are also very large employers in the Burbank area:
- Saint Joseph Medical Center
- Diagnostic Laboratories
- Automobile Club of Southern California
- Vallarta Supermarket
- Fry’s Electronics
What Is a Breach of Contract
Contracts are legally binding documents which are a written agreement between an employee and an employer. If any terms of that contract are broken, then that is considered to be a breach of contract.
All employees should work on a contractual basis, and all employees are encouraged to read the “fine print”. But there may be times when an employee feels that they have been mistreated and that their employer is in breach of their employment contract.
It can even be more difficult if the breach of contract is against terms which were not written down and signed off on by both the employee and the employer.
Common Breaches of Contract in the Workplace
The most common breaches of contract include:
- Not being paid for hours worked
- Not being paid for travel expenses owed
- Not being paid sick pay or holiday pay as negotiated in your employment contract
- Changes being made to the terms and conditions of the contract which were not signed off on by an employee
- Not being paid during your “notice period” (the length of time between you handing in your notice and leaving the job)
Dealing with Employer Loopholes
Handling a breach of contract is rarely straight forward, particularly as employers may use contractual “loopholes” to legitimize a breach in a contract. For example, your employer may ask you to relocate against your will, but if there is a “mobility clause” in your contract your employer may believed that he or she has the right to have you move.
Why Contact the Azadian Law Group, PC
The Azadian Law Group, PC protects the rights of workers in the Los Angeles area. If have quetions about your employment contract or are concerned that your existing contract may have been breached by your employer, we are here to help.
Contact us today to arrange for your free consultation at (626) 449-4944).
DIRECTIONS TO AZADIAN LAW GROUP 790 EAST COLORADO BLVD., NINTH FLOOR PASADENA, CA
These directions are from Google Maps starting from:
Total Est. Time: 15 min
Total Est. Distance: 12.6 mi
- Get on I-5 S from N San Fernando Blvd and E Verdugo Ave
- Head southeast on N San Fernando Blvd toward E Olive Ave
- Turn right onto E Verdugo Ave
- E Verdugo Ave turns right and becomes S Front St
- Turn right to merge onto I-5 S
- Take CA-134 E to Corson St in Pasadena. Take exit 26 from I-210 E
- Merge onto I-5 S
- Take exit 144 to merge onto CA-134 E toward Glendale/Pasadena
- Continue onto CA-134 E/I-210 E
- Use the right lane to take exit 26 for Lake Ave
- Take N Lake Ave to E Colorado Blvd
- Use the right lane to merge onto Corson St
- Use the right 2 lanes to turn right onto N Lake Ave
- Turn right onto E Colorado Blvd
Call us today (626) 449-4944
We are located at:
AZADIAN LAW GROUP, PC
790 EAST COLORADO BLVD., NINTH FLOOR